Little man already has spelling test in 1st grade; I distinctly remember not studying for spelling test till 3rd grade . . . Anyway he loves to spell and it seems to come easily for him. I found this cool site on the internet which may prolong the fun factor of spelling for him, as he loves his video and computer games too!
Check it out for the kiddos… Here is the summary I found online at this Blog. http://www.xanga.com/TrentTribe
– Over 38,000 spelling words and eight spelling games!
– A REAL person who says each vocabulary word and sentence
– Thousands of free spelling lists. Or save your own spelling word list!
– A free forum and newsletter with more spelling resources!
– Eight spelling and vocabulary games to play with your lists.
After taking the online spelling test, students can print out a report, retake the entire test, or get tested only on spelling words that they got wrong on the first time spelling test.
TeachMe spells and displays the word in ways that stimulate memory for visual and verbal learners.
Printable Games include WordSearch, UnScramble, WhichWord? and MissingLetter.
Printable Handwriting Worksheets for combined spelling and handwriting practice can be created from any saved list (this feature only works if the list is saved). Choices includes three sizes of lines, capitals or small letters, script or cursive, and with directional arrows on or off. Very cool, huh?