Look at what I did for less than $ 10.00.
A key vignette of thrifty finds.
This baby is from Hobby Lobby super duper clearance. $ 1.27 originally $ 18.00. It WAS is good shape (until my daughter played with it). She broke it. It is made of a plastic resin material, I thought I had hot glued it back together but when I went to hang it, it fell apart. After a couple more tries I gave up with the glue and just taped it back together. I used clear packing tape and I had a black paint pen I painted over it. Looks pretty good, you have to really look close to notice it.
A GW find. It is the most expensive at $ 3.99 but it was keys and at the time I thought I would do something crafty with only the keys but I have decided I like this piece the way it is. It was originally sold by Target, 1 in a series of 4. Does anyone have the set? Or have seen it in blog land anywhere?
This little treasure was such an ugly duckling when I found it at GW for $ 2.99. It was originally sold by World Bazaar and in the ugliest reddish brown color shadowbox frame. The keys were just glued to a piece of plain wood (even the glue was showing. Ugly, but I have no before pics – sorry. A little can of black spray paint fixed the frame right up. I used my hair dryer to get the keys unstuck from the piece of wood. Found a lovely piece of scrapbook paper and covered that plain wood right up. When I repositioned the keys they were off a bit and I thought I should add something to the center. HOME was it … a few more supplies from my scrapbook stash and viola. Much prettier wall art than how it was originally sold.
These two little shadow boxes came from IKEA years ago… I have never been able to find a home for them until now. I forget h0w much they cost but not much and since they have just been collecting dust for at least the last 5 -6 years they are happy to finally have a home.
To enjoy some other thrifty finds head on over to Rhoda’s for the thrift treasure link up.
Hopping around blog land I see so many great ideas of projects I want to do with the kiddos but am not organized enough to be able to keep track of them. So much like my previous post I am going to start blogging about the other post I see out there so I can quickly look here for inspiration when we have enough time to do a special project.
This idea, making whipped cream and butterwill be the perfect little science experiment this summer.
Colored Sand Art Project
Install a bird feeder and bird bath at a location we can easily look out and observe our fine feathered friends
Make glimmer paint – good rainy day project
This is a good start for our Project to do list…. I will add another post as other ideas are ran across on my blog hops…
Needless to say we are going to have a busy, but fun, summer!
Last week I showed how I display and organize my necklaces, this week’s post focuses on the other item hubby “allows” 🙂 me to keep on the bathroom counter, my earring holder.
Last year I was on the hunt for a way to organize, display and keep close at hand my earrings. After considering many items I already owned or other ideas I had seen around blogland, I finally found this great frame, at GW. The cost was under $ 3.00. See all the great little spaces created by the wires to hang my earrings? So far it is working out great.
For about a year I had been living with this 1990’s era picture in the frame.
Last week I decided to finally complete the look of the frame by using my Silhouette. I selected this Fleur- di-lis, selected some coordinating scrap book paper from my stash and this little project was completed in minutes…this fits in so much better into our bathroom decor.
Head on over to Southern Hospitality to see other thrifty buys.
Have a great thrifty week!
I have completed my first Silhouette SD project. I made ponies with the cutting machine for Miki’s birthday party. A LOT of time spent learning how to use the machine plus plenty of mistakes. Needless to say I need a new mat due to some incorrect cutting and pasting made the machine cut through the mat after it went over the same place about 8 times…
Also, I have learned that the mat needs to stay sticky, most help forums agree the mat that comes with the machine is NOT sticky enough and recommends the use of craft adhesive spray to help make it tackier.
I plan on buying a new mat now that I hopefully am over making the beginner mistakes.
Miki wanted a party at home this year, me always being on the hunt for fun birthday party ideas ran across a business which rents out their pony. So a Pink Pony Party theme was decided upon.
Here is a picture of the front of the invite and the inside front cover… I came up with the quote to use, I just could not find anything including princesses and ponies.
The pony is cut out of two different color papers. After glueing it all together I then used ModgePodge to glitterize it.
This is the image from Silhouette
I can’t wait to do other projects with the Silhouette, now that I understand it a tiny bit – still a lot to learn.
Will be using it to make the take home gifts for the kiddos… stay tuned for that project to be done.
So Anyway have a great day!